Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Is this a CHNP border marker?
Date: Feb 17, 2004 @ 11:43
Author: Richard Lam ("Richard Lam" <richardlam11@...>)

From: "alexander_6th" <silentcity@...>
To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 8:02 PM
Subject: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Is this a CHNP border marker?

> I've now read that message.
>
> The Chinese-Afghan border does not have a border crossing.

I remember a documentary on the silk route many years ago show a plain
(concrete?) border pillar on the Chinese - Afghan border. The side facing
China has the Chinese characters for China on its face. The surrounding
appears desolate, there being no border checkpoints on either side. I do not
know if you can leave Afghanistan legally from here, but Chinese immigration
formalities are performed at Tashkurgan much further inland.

So we can