Subject: Re: Is this a CHNP border marker?
Date: Feb 16, 2004 @ 16:42
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "alexander_6th"
<barbaria_longa@h...>
> wrote:
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "alexander_6th"
> > <silentcity@h...> wrote:
> > > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Lam"
> > Tibetan
> > > side is
> > would have
> > > to put
> > with
> > > the
> > >
> > > Dear List,
> > > Hello. I just recently joined this list through an
> introduction. I
> > > hope to be able to contribute to this list. I am living in Tokyo
> > now
> > > and am fluent in Japanese and know some Chinese so I
> > should be able
> > > to help in those areas.
> > >
> > > About the international border with the greatest time
> difference.
> > > glance at time zone maps show that the Chinese-Afghan
> > border has a 3
> > > 1/2 hour time difference.
> > >
> > > Cheers, Henry
> >
> > true
> >
> > & tho most time zone maps dont show it
> > nor is it necessarily at a border crossing per se
> > nor does it even normally require resetting ones watch
> > the worlds largest possible & largest actual time zone
change is
> > mentioned in message 10214
>
> I've now read that message.
>
> The Chinese-Afghan border does not have a border crossing.

right
at least not a currently functional official one

but i believe it is crossed by a natural & traditional trade route

so who knows how much crossing this border actually enjoys

& i also agree with & like your other points

in the realm of trivia
phraseology can be everything

& putting ones finger on something that is truly rare or unique or
extreme or nonexistent etc etc is enormously satisfying

so if you can help us to any more really good ones
especially with regard to the multipoints
you can be sure they will be appreciated here

So we can
> phrase the question this way for another answer:
>
> What is the border crossing with the world's largest time
difference?