Subject: Re: Is this a CHNP border marker?
Date: Feb 20, 2004 @ 00:42
Author: alexander_6th ("alexander_6th" <silentcity@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "alexander_6th"
> <silentcity@h...> wrote:
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079"
> <barbaria_longa@h...>
> > wrote:
> > > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "alexander_6th"
> the
> > > Tibetan
> > > would have
> border
> > > with

> > introduction. I
Tokyo
> > > now
> > > should be able

> > difference.
> > > border has a 3

> > > true
> > >
> > > & tho most time zone maps dont show it
> > > nor is it necessarily at a border crossing per se
> > > nor does it even normally require resetting ones watch
> > > the worlds largest possible & largest actual time zone
> change is
> > > mentioned in message 10214
> >
> > I've now read that message.
> >
> > The Chinese-Afghan border does not have a border crossing.
>
> right
> at least not a currently functional official one
>
> but i believe it is crossed by a natural & traditional trade route
>
> so who knows how much crossing this border actually enjoys
>
> & i also agree with & like your other points
>
> in the realm of trivia
> phraseology can be everything
>
> & putting ones finger on something that is truly rare or unique or
> extreme or nonexistent etc etc is enormously satisfying
>
> so if you can help us to any more really good ones
> especially with regard to the multipoints
> you can be sure they will be appreciated here

Well I know for a fact that at the present time, the CNAF does not
have an official border crossing. So if I insert the word "official"
into the question, we can probably get a non controversial as these
facts can be confirmed.

"What is the official border crossing with the world's largest time
difference?"

Another glance seems to indicate that the correct answer is CNPK, a 3
hour difference. But there is a caveat here. Although the official
time on the Chinese side is Chinese standard time, three hours ahead
of Pakistan, there is such thing as unofficial Xinjiang time which is
only one hour ahead.

HH