Subject: Re: Is this a CHNP border marker?
Date: Feb 16, 2004 @ 12:02
Author: alexander_6th ("alexander_6th" <silentcity@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079" <barbaria_longa@h...>
wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "alexander_6th"
> <silentcity@h...> wrote:
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Lam"
> > <richardlam11@h...> wrote:
> > > The town on the Nepalese side is Kodari while that on the
> Tibetan
> > side is
> > > Kassa / Zhangmu. If you cross the line from Nepal, you
> would have
> > to put
> > > your watch forward by 2 hours 15 minutes. Is this the border
> with
> > the
> > > greatest time difference?
> >
> > Dear List,
> > Hello. I just recently joined this list through an
introduction. I
> > hope to be able to contribute to this list. I am living in Tokyo
> now
> > and am fluent in Japanese and know some Chinese so I
> should be able
> > to help in those areas.
> >
> > About the international border with the greatest time
difference.
> > glance at time zone maps show that the Chinese-Afghan
> border has a 3
> > 1/2 hour time difference.
> >
> > Cheers, Henry
>
> true
>
> & tho most time zone maps dont show it
> nor is it necessarily at a border crossing per se
> nor does it even normally require resetting ones watch
> the worlds largest possible & largest actual time zone change is
> mentioned in message 10214

I've now read that message.

The Chinese-Afghan border does not have a border crossing. So we can
phrase the question this way for another answer:

What is the border crossing with the world's largest time difference?

I run a monthly trivia night at a cafe in Tokyo so I am constantly
thinking about putting facts into trivia question form.

HH