Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Five Corners, ME times three
Date: Jan 25, 2004 @ 18:45
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@...>)

Good question, Jesper.

I am trying to think of some instances of roundabouts or traffic
circles in America. And I'm drawing a blank. There must be something
in NYC?

In Canada, there are plenty in Edmonton, Alberta. And there are many
in Vancouver, though they are at the intersections of small streets --
and the purpose is more for traffic calming in residential
neighbourhoods.

Halifax has the Armdale Rotary... and used to have the MicMac Rotary
until it was replaces by the MicMac Par-Clo (partial cloverleaf or
interchange).

Cheers!

Doug

On Sunday, January 25, 2004, at 09:50 AM, Jesper Nielsen wrote:

> Don't they make roundabouts in the US?
>
> Jesper

<image.tiff>