Subject: Re: New Wall -- discussion point
Date: Jan 17, 2004 @ 16:28
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> My responses are inserted below.
>
> Lowell

but you arent really disagreeing with me are you

tennessee got the erection in 1790 & was admitted in 1796

thats all i am saying

i know & said it was a delayed flake off

again i am not arguing with you but just trying to complete your
flake off list & also to get into the mind of the interior department
lawyers who really for some reason believed that the right to
recommend or request the division rested constitutionally with
congress

i am still trying to guess why they believed this

i know i slept thru civics but cant imagine they did too

thats all

& it would be good to know the answer to this before going to
president bush too

Whatever transpired west of the mountains during
> the 1780's was never recognized by anybody. That's why we don't
have a State of
> Frankland. North Carlolina never granted any permission for the
formation of
> any new state within its territory. What it did in 1790 was cede
its western
> lands to the federal government, just as many eastern states did.
In accepting
> this cession, the Congress created a territorial government there.
Tennessee