Subject: Re: Four Color Maps
Date: Dec 06, 2003 @ 21:15
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

you may be right

indeed most maps i have seen indicate you are right

but i was thinking the 3 mile limits imposed by the submerged lands
act would probably trump the statehood specs of all but texas & gulf
coast florida
since
unless i am mistaken
that law specifically exempts only these 2

but i dont have it in front of me

& i would be glad to see something definitive on this

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > the only known case of an inland doing what you say is point
roberts
> > washington
> > which is separated from the rest of washington by more than 6
> > nautical miles & is thus an exclave of washington
> > tho not enclaved in anything
>
> According to Van Zandt, the 1889 Act of Congress admitting the
State of
> Washington specified its northern boundary running westward along
the Canadian
> boundary to the Pacific. Therefore, wouldn't the state's waters
extend along
> and to the wet segment of the CAUS boundary that runs from Point
Roberts to the
> Pacific Ocean? That 142-mile segment through the Strait of
Georgia, the Haro