Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Boundaries through urban areas
Date: Nov 10, 2003 @ 18:45
Author: Flynn, Kevin ("Flynn, Kevin" <flynnk@...>)

IIRC, NY has complete jurisdiction up to the low water mark in the entire
NYNJ harbor area, even on the NJ shoreline; with the provision that NJ may
construct wharves and piers. NJ controls only the muck underneath the water
out to the midpoint of the Hudson and the Bay. NJ does not share control of
shipping expect through the Port Authority system.

This must be why they call NY the Empire State. It is very imperial.