Subject: Re: Boundaries through urban areas
Date: Oct 30, 2003 @ 20:21
Author: adamnvillani ("adamnvillani" <avillani@...>)

Another place people might look is in Kansas City, MO-KS. The border
is a straight line right through town. There's a "State Line Rd.,"
but it doesn't stretch the length of the border through the city.
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=39.0569&lon=-
94.6093&s=50&size=l&symshow=n&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/Archive/Oct2003/Califo
rnia.TMOA2003299_lrg.jpg
> of the California fire. The boundary is shown on that
> picture. You think Mexico is happy with the smoke
> from the American fire?
> Arif

Good photo. They've mentioned that the Otay Mesa jumped the border
briefly before heading back into the US; I guess it got deported.

Incidentally, the wind shifted yesterday and the L.A. basin is no
longer drenched in smoke and ash. We got some damp air off of the
ocean and it actually rained today.

Adam