Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Mexican internal maritime allocation
Date: Sep 24, 2003 @ 14:33
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

So, are you saying that this URL makes you sure that the Zona Federal Maritimo
Terrestre (ZoFeMaT) is beyond the jurisdiction of the states? It says to me
only that the federal government owns the land and will lease it to the adjacent
inland landowners. This situation is analygous to the right-of-way of any
private-sector toll highway or railroad in the republic (federally owned; leased
to private entity). I don't see anything at this URL addressing the question of
state territorial jurisdiction over the beaches.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA