Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] UAE Internal Borders
Date: Aug 25, 2003 @ 23:20
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

the attached speculations from message 8209 posted late last
year about the probable wetness of the aeqasa tripoint are
potentially confirmed by the installation of tidal gauges not just
on one side but on each side of the qatari saudi border
as reported at this qasa site
http://www.ignfi.fr/england/projets/diversarabiesaoud.htm
which also shows various qasa monuments

the wetness on both ends of qasa is also supported by all the
available cia maps at pcl

but does the phrase here
on each side of the border
mean
at both ends of the border
or merely
on both sides of the border at one of its ends

in any case i think the idea of a dry aeqasa
tho it still appears on many other maps
is looking rather far fetched at this point

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "I M Naanu"
>
> > Amazing exercise this punctography of UAE internal &
External
> > borders. Wonder how!
>
> multi thanxxx dear naanu
> i swoon at every appreciation of these things
>
> > decided more on allegiance to a particular tribe or a
Sheikh....
> > Often borders would change frequently as allegiances
shifted.

> & this explains also the amazing patchwork quilt you guys have
> achieved there
> certainly among the grandest of such creations on the planet
>
> > The Ae-Qa border is, I think under dispute. Some say a short,
> 19km
> > ae-qa border exists, some say not. From practical
experience,
> my
> > company trucks going regularly to and fro between qa & ae
> have to
> > pass through sa border controls before reaching qa border &
> customs.
>
> that was my guess too based on the qa & sa maps i have
seen
> but how much the better to have it confirmed by your account
>
> i think for trypointing purposes it is always a question of what is
> the best available truth
> & i would say the probabilities espoused by disputants are
> normally of equal validity
>
> so fully bagging a disputed tripoint means visiting both
locations