Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: The IBWC speaks!!!
Date: Jul 02, 2003 @ 20:30
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Yes, but it only has three sentences about the 1970 treaty.

I had not previously found the minutes. Thanks. I am now beginning to
investigate them. You might be interested to see 1987 minutes regarding the
initial monumentation of two new bridges at
www.ibwc.state.gov/Files/Minutes/Min275.pdf . It cites authority of the 1970
treaty and its provisions that the boundary on bridges "shall be shown by an
appropriate monument exactly over the international boundary." Interestingly,
the Commission found that the axis of each bridge was skewed in relation to the
boundary, so it required the builders to place two monuments on each bridge.

I will continue to browse the minutes and report on any interesting morsels.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA