Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Topozone and borders
Date: Jun 06, 2003 @ 03:35
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@dougmurrayproductions.com>)

All my photos are here:

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Cabana/9282/pointroberts1.html

And I will try and get over there on the weekend. With the exception
of the exploring the beach where border marker #0 is hiding, cycling
from the west side to the east side is a breeze. And there is a huge
down hill from the official crossing to Maple Beach on the east side.

I checked with a friend of mine who is from Tsawwassen (and has lots of
tales) and this is what he said:

"Not too sure... I haven't walked down there in many many years...

I do remember when I did the tide was up, and there wasn't much beach
left... So perhaps not!

It's not a simple task to get there... There is constant debate about
beach access these days... You'd have to park at Fred Gingell park,
then walk down the "private" beach road, and cut through somewhere to
get to the beach...

It's even further to walk from the point.... "

----

This last line makes me remember one of the rules from the Border
Expeditions: "locals don't know."

I suppose I will also have to test access to the USA with only my
drivers license...

Doug

Nielsen wrote:

> Hi Doug (mr Point Roberts expert)