Subject: Re: Topozone and borders
Date: Jun 06, 2003 @ 11:51
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

well doug i was sure someone could beam up the tall units
which turned out to be me
unwittingly pointing to your very own pix of them once again

& these beacon towers are interesting in their own right
as projections & projectors of the boundary

indeed i would love to see what they & their light beams look like
especially at night

& i think the ibc may actually answer you this time too
just to tell you
ohh monument zero
ahh yes that one
that baby was washed away years ago
or something to that effect
& also because you are such a likeable guy
& they will naturally want to tag along with you if they possibly can

but i think they must also be rolling in the aisles again
to receive this your second request about cafr
since they are after all only the permanent caus ibc
rather than just a canadian ibc
or an everyones ibc

so they have nothing to do with cafr or cadk or caru or canl
or any other canadian boundaries than caus real or imagined
none of which others btw have any bilateral ibcs of their own
since they are all so negligible &or remote
& certainly arent included in the caus ibc

instead these other canadian borders must be administered
directly by the state departments or equivalent agencies of the
countries involved
in each case

so you may well get the ibc people to give you a referral in ottawa
say
the guy in the government they chat with whenever they need to

& that would be fantastic indeed
since thats the real & only anglophonic horses mouth in this
case

yet
i have a feeling even ottawa wont be able to help you with this
delicate question any more than the largest available scale map
would
or particularly the map mentioned & used by the treaty makers

after all
our only outstanding questions are whether the 3 geodesic lines
connecting maritime points 3 & 4 & 5 & 6
happen to cross any dry land
at low & mean & high tides respectively

& for this i expect the right maps will be far more telling than the
right bureaucrats

remember
even the best of the locals still dont necessarily know

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray
<doug@d...> wrote:

> I just sent a note to the IBC to find out the answer and if they
might
> have a picture.
>
> I also asked if any maintenance was scheduled for the
BC/Washington

http://www.internationalboundarycommission.org/coordinates/S
> > ECT-M-83.txt
> >
> > & i believe we have seen pix of a tall pole rising from this
location
> > so maybe thats it
> > rather than any normal monument
> > tho it could be both a tall unnumbered one & a regular one
> > numbered zero
> > very close to each other
> >

> > & this of course is at the approximate if not exact location of
the
> > cabcwaw international tripoint
> > aka the westernmost of the 3 canada bc wash tripoint triplets
> > all of which i believe are marked by similar tall poles
> >
> > the correspondingly unnumbered monument shown by the
usgs
> > topo at the east end of point roberts
> > aka bccawam
> > isnt assigned any number nor acknowledged at all by the ibc
> > so this may indicate only the tall pole & no normal monument
in
> > this position
> >
> > the third tall pole is at blaine at the bccawae tripoint
> >
> > i am sure someone can flash a pic of one or all 3 of these
> >
> > you may even recall or have one yourself
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
> > <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> > > Thanks Jack
> > >
> > > Does anybody have a picture of the bordermarker at the
coast
> > W of no # 1?

http://test.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=49.004189042418275&lo

n=-123.0887283209692&s=25&symshow=n&datum=nad83&lay

http://test.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=45.005&lon=-72.1&datum

http://test.topozone.com/map.asp?z=10&n=5426209&e=495792

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=45.005&lon=-72.09944

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=48.98556&lon=-123.076
> > 67
> > >
> > >     Jesper
> > >

> > >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of
> > Service.
> > >

> > >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> > >

> > >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of
> > Service.
> >

> <image.tiff>

Service.