Subject: Re: Topozone and borders
Date: Jun 06, 2003 @ 00:20
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

yes it must be ibc monument 0
0 as in zero

& please
you are such a kidder but
monument 1 could not be monument 2
etc etc

also it turns out that the tall vertical units i so dimly recalled are
not simply poles but actually towers with navigational beacons
as can be seen especially clearly in the first & last pic here
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Cabana/9282/pointroberts
2.html

& i doubt either of these would be given an ibc number
now that i see them clearly again

& i dont know if the towers are at the exact low water line
nor if monument 0 is at the exact low water line

but if you are trying for monument 0 at low tide
you should have a clear close shot at the bccawaw tripoint too
which is in fact where caus crosses the exact low water line
tho not at all necessarily coincident with either the monument or
the tower

& i realize you probably like the monuments better than the
tripoints
& no problem
but in case you are taking requests for pix
bccawaw alone would be mine

also monument 0 & the tower & bccawaw all in one shot if
possible might be absolutely fantastic

oh & then bccawam & bccawae too please
for the complete ensemble
tho i doubt you could do all that on a single bike ride

anyway i am sure i will be happy with whatever you do deliver

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray
<doug@d...> wrote:

> Could this be:
> MONUMENT 0 49 00 08.027 123 05 21.797
>
> I have never been down to that side of Point Roberts. #1 is
located on
> a high bluff overlooking the Strait of Georgia. There might be a
path
> down to the beach far below.
>
> This monument might be attacked from the beach -- either
walking up
> from the Canadian side (Tsawwassen) or the Point Roberts
side.

> I'm planning to go cycling around Point Roberts as early as this
> weekend. If I find anything, I will report. And take a picture!!
>
> I always thought border marker #1 was #1, but could it really be
#2?

> Doug
>

> On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 10:36 AM, Jesper Nielsen wrote:
>
> > Thanks Jack
> >
> > Does anybody have a picture of the bordermarker at the
coast W of no #
> > 1?

http://test.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=49.004189042418275&lo
n=-

123.0887283209692&s=25&symshow=n&datum=nad83&layer=
DRG25

> > And does it have a number?
> >
> > Jesper

http://test.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=45.005&lon=-72.1&datum
=NAD83

> > Point Roberts, WA:
> > http://test.topozone.com/

map.asp?z=10&n=5426209&e=495792&datum=nad83&layer=D
RG25

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=45.005&lon=-72.09944

> > Point Roberts, WA:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=48.98556&lon=-123.076