Subject: Re: new ellis boundary was finalized in 1999
Date: May 14, 2003 @ 16:35
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "S.D. Rhodes"
<rhodent@i...> wrote:
> >ah yes depa
> >which was inadvertently left out of this latest summary
> >but certainly not forgotten
> >since it is the shortest entire state line
> >i believe without any possible objection
>
> There is ALWAYS some possible objection. :-)
>
> In this case, I'm certain some would argue that DCVA deserves
> consideration, even though DC isn't technically a state.
>

> ---
> "If you hate dissent, then get out of the United States."
> -Michael Wilbon

hahaha
you are absolutely right pal
& the united states is certainly a state besides

so with dc we really are talking interstate boundaries of a sort
even if i had yet to hear dcva or dcmd referred to in the vernacular
as state lines
til now

still fortunately we do have an obelisk left over to give here
& who better to give it to than dc

but i would have to think you meant to nominate dcmd rather
than dcva for the distinction of getting such an obelisk
since dcva is fractal & would thus deserve an asterisk too
besides the obelisk if any
should it prove arguably shorter than njny liberty
in the minds of those who would argue about that
which i frankly doubt it would or could anyway

yet after all that
& assuming you do switch from dcva to dcmd
i think you may still have an uphill climb for the obelisk even so
since dcmd actually appears to exceed depa
albeit by the very close margin of about 26 miles to about 24