Subject: Re: Kerkrade border pillar
Date: Jul 02, 2001 @ 09:33
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

I have a map of the area: a (rather old) 1:25000 topo map (sheet 69E
Heerlen), published in 1989. I'll post a scan of the area right away.
But it looks like the Kerkrade municipality has put the town name
sign in Germany...

By that building you don't mean anything that is on your picture, do
you? I don't think any buildings straddle the border here. the main
boundary turning point seems to be the main boundary marker 232,
which is on the Nieuwstraat just behind the photographer. The
boundary looks like to be continuing up north along the green fence
on the right of the picture, towards the Rolduc catholic seminary.

Peter S.