Subject: Re: NMOKTX Question
Date: Jun 17, 2001 @ 03:03
Author: bjbutler@bjbsoftware.com (bjbutler@...)

Messages 2764 and 2893 imply that the monument you are photographed
with, which, as you say, is the same one JC was photographed with, is
not the real NMOKTX marker, thus ersatz. I see only one monument on
the map, which appears to be at the true NMOKTX. Therefore I wanted
to know where the ersatz marker is.

BJB

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., David Mark <dmark@g...> wrote:
> Dear BJButler,
>
> The monument I photographed and was photographed with, a concrete
post
> some 8 inches across, shown on
> http://www.geog.buffalo.edu/~dmark/tristate/10NMOKTX.html, with a
> benchmark on top by the "U.S. General Land Office Survey" from
1932, is
> located, within limits of map accuracy, exactly at the red "cross-
hairs"
> on http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?
z=13&n=4041104&e=678962&s=25&size=s
> (See the little scanned map image on my page which appears exactly
like
> the topozone image only smaller.)
>
> The road on the top photo on
> http://www.geog.buffalo.edu/~dmark/tristate/10NMOKTX.html is the
road
> running west from the tripoint as shown on the maps.
>
> So, what's with your use of the word "ersatz"?? Nothing immitation
about
> it as far as I know!!
>
> David
>
> On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 bjbutler@b... wrote:
>
> > Maybe Jack, Mike, or David can answer this: Is the true NMOKTX
> > monument shown at the cross-hair location on the following topo
map?
> > http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?
z=13&n=4041104&e=678962&s=25&size=s

> > If so, then where on the map is the ersatz NMOKTX made famous by
JC

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/