Subject: Re: capital city info for Peter
Date: Jun 13, 2001 @ 06:38
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

Bhutan used to have two capitals too: one for the summer (Thimbu) and
one in wintertime (Punakha). This meant that the entire royal court,
and all state civil servants had to move from one place to the other
twice a year...

I have heard they abolished this migration now.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@h...> wrote:
> Liie Bolivia and South Africa, the Netherlands has two capitals, de
jure and
> de facto. Being so small, the dutch case is perhaps unsurprising.
The other
> two (or three for S.Africa) have the locations much further apart.
>
> In NZ until "reforms" in the mid-1980s, a borough was an urban area
of 1500
> people, and a city had 20 000. So there wasca set size. Once you
got the
> status, you nevcer lost it, so places in the South Island like
Naseby, which