Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Roetgen/Monschau enclaves
Date: Jun 05, 2001 @ 14:20
Author: Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen ("Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

Thansk for these scanned maps. This is so far the most complicated borders I have seen so far, but I guess also the most perculiar. If you thought Chile as a long narrow stretch, come and look here.
<snip>
> image "monschau2.jpg"? What is the strange 'peninsula' of Belgian
> territory that extends north and west of border post 675K??
<snip>
> David
<snip>
I think the peninsula is created by the German road. If the German road had not been there 675J would have curved East and met 675K.

So in fact there are two peninsulars - hopefully a visit during GCEBE.

Jesper