Subject: Re: more US-Canada odds and ends
Date: Jun 04, 2001 @ 21:53
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

How about Donostia/San Sebastian airport at Hondarribia/Fuenterrabia?
There is even an international (esfr) treaty about the fact that
every 'plane that leaves here has to overfly fr territory. The other
end of the runway faces mountains. I know this airport very well,
since every time I visit the Basque Country, I rent a car here (a lot
cheaper in es than in fr).

There are regular flights from this airport to Madrid and Barcelona,
as far as I know.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> Other Intermational Airports would be:
>
> Geneva
> Gibraltar
>
> Jesper

Airport (Scobey, MT) or Piney Pinecreek Border Airport (Pinecreek,
MN) come to mind as likely candidates. I believe the Scobey runway
parallels the border (within a literal stone's throw) and the runway
at Pinecreek actually extends into Canada. Other airports that come
very close to being international airports (other than in name only)
are Houlton Municipal (Houlton, ME), and of course, Douglas Municipal
(Douglas, AZ). If memory serves me correctly, the Nogales airport is
about seven miles north of the Mexican border..is has its own fun
side though...like having to avoid a mountain in the dark while in
the traffic pattern!

> Bill
>
> At 04:28 PM 6/4/01, you wrote:
>
> Bill, I'm not aware of any other such arrows on the border.
This trail of them might be a place-specific arrangement. Does
anyone know of any other such arrows for pilots on any borders?

> Dallen
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
> Yahoo! Website Services- Click Here!

Service.