Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] more US-Canada odds and ends
Date: Jun 04, 2001 @ 21:28
Author: Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen ("Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

Other Intermational Airports would be:

Geneva
Gibraltar

Jesper
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Hanrahan
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 11:00 PM

Do you remember the name of that particular airport?  Scobey Airport (Scobey, MT) or Piney Pinecreek Border Airport (Pinecreek, MN) come to mind as likely candidates.  I believe the Scobey runway parallels the border (within a literal stone's throw) and the runway at Pinecreek actually extends into Canada.  Other airports that come very close to being international airports (other than in name only) are Houlton Municipal (Houlton, ME), and of course, Douglas Municipal (Douglas, AZ).  If memory serves me correctly, the Nogales airport is about seven miles north of the Mexican border..is has its own fun side though...like having to avoid a mountain in the dark while in the traffic pattern!

Bill