Subject: Airports near boundaries
Date: Jun 04, 2001 @ 22:03
Author: bjbutler@bjbsoftware.com (bjbutler@...)

This one is pretty close. I drove past this one on the way to ME-NB-
QC. It looks like you might easily cross into Canadian airspace on
takeoff with winds from the east.

BJB
--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Bill Hanrahan <hanrahan@k...> wrote:
> Do you remember the name of that particular airport? Scobey
Airport
> (Scobey, MT) or Piney Pinecreek Border Airport (Pinecreek, MN) come
to mind
> as likely candidates. I believe the Scobey runway parallels the
border
> (within a literal stone's throw) and the runway at Pinecreek
actually
> extends into Canada. Other airports that come very close to being
> international airports (other than in name only) are Houlton
Municipal
> (Houlton, ME), and of course, Douglas Municipal (Douglas, AZ). If
memory
> serves me correctly, the Nogales airport is about seven miles north
of the
> Mexican border..is has its own fun side though...like having to
avoid a
> mountain in the dark while in the traffic pattern!
>
> Bill
>
> At 04:28 PM 6/4/01, you wrote:
> >Bill, I'm not aware of any other such arrows on the border. This
trail of
> >them might be a place-specific arrangement. Does anyone know of
any other
> >such arrows for pilots on any borders?
> >
> >Dallen
> >
> >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=201903.1443829.3021311.1268964/D=egroupmail/S=
1700126166:N/A=662184/?http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-
bin/clinkform/ydomains+merchant-
ad:dmad/M=201903.1443829.3021311.1268964/D=egroupmail/S=1700126166:N/A
=662184/R=0/991687955+http://websit>