Subject: Re: World 200nm EEZ survey
Date: May 13, 2001 @ 21:26
Author: granthutchison@cs.com (granthutchison@cs.com)

Michael:
> otherwise your inconclusive but valuable exchange here
> for example
> just becomes another in a series of easily forgotten yet important loose
ends
Absolutely. Having arrived late and spent time rummaging in the archive of
this group, I'm acutely aware of how much information is stored there, but by
the nature of the Q&A style in a poorly accessible way. I'm still coming
across stuff that makes me realise >50% of my questions/input so far has
covered old ground (sorry); and that wasn't for lack of effort on my part to
search the archive before putting my foot in - just that to some extent to
recover stuff from the archive you need to know it already!
Big task though, and I can't imagine how to start it ...

As a core data set that may be useful, I've attached an XLS file containing a
digest of the current CIA Factbook's information on maritime boundary claims.
The usual 192 countries plus the most widely accepted dependencies, and a
figure for the Territorial Sea, Contiguous Zone, Exclusive Economic
Zone/Exclusive Fishing Zone whenever such a claim is listed by the CIA. Plus
some notes when these seem necessary/interesting.

Grant