Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: World 200nm EEZ survey
Date: May 14, 2001 @ 00:04
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

grant

>Michael:
>> otherwise your inconclusive but valuable exchange here
>> for example
>> just becomes another in a series of easily forgotten yet important loose
>ends
>Absolutely. Having arrived late and spent time rummaging in the archive of
>this group, I'm acutely aware of how much information is stored there, but by
>the nature of the Q&A style in a poorly accessible way. I'm still coming
>across stuff that makes me realise >50% of my questions/input so far has
>covered old ground (sorry);

are you kiddin
you know we cant get too much of this stuff

>and that wasn't for lack of effort on my part to
>search the archive before putting my foot in - just that to some extent to
>recover stuff from the archive you need to know it already!
>Big task though, and I can't imagine how to start it ...

that is why i like to give an old message number whenever i can
which is feeble but sometimes effective to gather momentum & connections

>As a core data set that may be useful, I've attached an XLS file containing a
>digest of the current CIA Factbook's information on maritime boundary claims.
>The usual 192 countries plus the most widely accepted dependencies, and a
>figure for the Territorial Sea, Contiguous Zone, Exclusive Economic
>Zone/Exclusive Fishing Zone whenever such a claim is listed by the CIA. Plus
>some notes when these seem necessary/interesting.
>
>Grant

it is truly awesome to acknowledge receipt of this first major contribution
to our dream hub
even tho i cant see any of it myself yet on my old computer

if my hunch is right tho
these invisible miscellaneous carpet droppings you have vacuumed up at the cia
even allowing for a few inevitable distortions in their intelligence
bring us in potential 90 or maybe even 99 percent of the way to the first
true map of everyones land