Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] sawanabori rocks wet or dry
Date: May 13, 2001 @ 23:36
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

many thanx jack
& huge congrats to us both for agreeing perfectly on both best & second
best guesses
as it was no easy job

but even more wonderful to learn of your impending deluxe sawanabori of the
atlantic too

i hope you will be keeping an eye out for the njnyus & nyrius maritime
trifederal points on your first day out
both probably gliding right by on your port side
at short to medium distances
since both are roughly 3 nautical miles from your receding coastline

if we can find their alignments or coords
maybe you can even get the captain to pass thru these points for you
as mine did at idorwa with only 20 lives at stake
& you would then undoubtedly be setting a new worlds record for greatest
tripointing party

so far as i know
neither of these points has ever been seriously tried
nor even wildly photographed from shore

about my definition of true source
it is of course a slightly silly concept
but i meant the greater fork of the greater fork of the greater fork etc
as actually encountered in ascending the stream from its mouth
all the way up to the first drop of continuously falling moisture or glacier
but usually at the highest issue point of a spring or seep

in this case the point we both identified as most probable is even depicted
as a spring by usgs

i would love to get a load of your maps & would offer to drop by & xerox
them myself probably on thursday morning if that would ease your logistics

alternatively i will check before leaving at
p o box a1
twin lakes ct 06079

in every case much obliged & delighted to have you with me