Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: DEKU no. 47
Date: Apr 23, 2001 @ 18:02
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

thanxx to wolfgang & peter for again advancing this so nicely

it is great to be part of a group effort

also here is a photo of the our area in between the condos
http://www.engineering.uiowa.edu/~cfd/gallery/images/hyd24
best i can tell
all luxembourg but with germany probably visible in the distance at right

it was captioned reservoir & dam nearby vianden
so it is probably the bassin inferieure facing north toward dedelulun
aka delu monument 47
at a position i think you are calling the promontory
which is thus probably situated just around the river bend to the right
most likely at the foot of the hill that rises at upper right center
& therefore presumably within the frame but hidden behind the left bank here

btw i have tried but still cant date this dam
tho a possible twin on the sauer dates from the 1960s

but since i am still pdf blind
tho luckily not for much longer
as a newer computer has recently reached here
& will soon be installed
any further clues about any of these new pdf data would still be enormously
appreciated at this late date

& i realize this is asking a lot as usual
so please excuse it
but while i am being such a beggar
how about a swatch of your map too peter

at all events
what i mainly still dont understand here
tho i agree you are wise to be happy in any case
is first why you are so lightly throwing your feudal guess out the window
& what you are discarding of it & with it
because i liked most if not all of it & what went with it

& i also wonder what if anything your doing this has to do with whether the
condo arrangement predated the 1816 monumentation &or treaty
but again this is all probably owing to my working in the dark

btw i understood this treaty was agreed in december of 1815
or are we talking about 2 different documents also

& finally
once we get the numbering straight
& regardless of whether the delu monuments might be paired anywhere
along the length of the condos
do you not agree with my guess that there will only be single monuments
marking both dedelulun & dedelulus

that is to say
19 & 47 or whatever you call them may be twinned or paired with mates on
the right bank as i believe you have indicated
but both the dedelulu twins here should turn out to be marked on their spots
by a single monument in each case
standing on the left bank only in each case

i mean
the lines between them & any right bank mates are dedelu lines rather than
dedelulu lines

but this may just be a matter of clarification rather than disagreement

anyway
please do keep dishing what you can & will