Subject: Re: DEKU no. 47
Date: Apr 23, 2001 @ 08:01
Author: smaardijk@yahoo.com (smaardijk@...)

Great stuff, Wolfgang. So, if I understand correctly, the Vianden
land boundary is marked since 1816. It could have existed before that
date, of course, but for now I'm happy to throw my feudal guess out
of the window. Some other considerations here, then.

Still, on my map, it is already at bdy. stone no. 19 the fun starts,
whereas in your document you mention 26. On my map, no. 19 is at the
river, nos. 20 and 21 at the road border crossing of the road
Vianden - Roth an der Our, no. 24 is near something called "Les Trois
Vierges", and nos. 25 to 31 are all around an area called Wëngerdelt.
Is the numbering on my map wrong?

No. 47 is a pair, I think, as can be seen on the map in your
document. It is at the promontory. That one is the real tripoint, I
think (dedelulu). The no. 47 on the right bank is "merely" a boundary
mark on the delulu border, and of course the marker (together with
its brother) as to where the condo starts again.

Interesting is also the myriad of auxiliary border stones
(Zwischengrenzsteine) in the bdy. stone no. 47 area.

Another thing is that apart from 1816 and 1984, there is a 1930
agreement as well, although that seems to be the formalisation of the
situation already in existence. In 1984, something was changed.
Something had to be changed anyway after the building of the dam
which formed the lake.

You are obviously in possession of a very interesting publication
here, Wolfgang. Does it say anything at all on the origins of the
Vianden border?

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Gartner Wolfgang <WGartner@k...> wrote:
> hi, enclosed you will find some infos about boundary-stones on DE -
LU