Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] CA-US Boundary marker and Manitoba-MN-ND tripoint
Date: Apr 22, 2001 @ 02:25
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

nice one jack

this is our earliest known visit to a caus tripoint
or any binational tripoint
& no matter that it was made for a different reason

also
i really dont prefer the idea of internal canadian federal waters anywhere
any more since finding evidence of provincial crown waters
so i do agree with you in calling this tripoint manitoba mn nd
rather than canada mn nd
& similarly on all your similar calls

it is true nicholson declared all internal navigable waters federal in 1979
but it does appear that many if not all such waters were passed along by
the federal government to the provinces at a later date
maybe even before your visit there
tho it is still unclear if some of these waters have remained federal
perhaps only the very lowest & most major ones if any

however all the coastal waters i still do believe are still federal

& a very fine & happy looking obelisk it is too