Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Two sites
Date: Mar 29, 2001 @ 02:52
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

thanx arif

this is just the site i was hoping would exist
but couldnt find

& what a shock to see all the many new scattershot land areas
& all the resulting boundary crosses within them
which i hadnt found at all by scouring the usgs state topo index maps
tho oddly these were adequate for finding all the california reservations
which you can nevertheless also see perfectly depicted at this new site too

that was puzzling enough
but when i then compared the heavily scattershot areas at this site
such as the new mexico navajo
with the actual usgs topo quads for these areas
i found there was no depiction or mention of the scatterings at all
but just blank areas alongside the usual well known unbroken reservations

very strange

dont know what to think

could it be there are 2 different official statuses of these lands
indian reservation lands & indian off reservation lands

i doubt it
but perhaps there is something like oranges & apples going on here

in any case it does look like you have pointed out not just a few but
hundreds more indian crosses

still i would like to understand the reason for all these sharply
conflicting data