Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] toward happier obelisks
Date: Mar 22, 2001 @ 03:35
Author: Jack Parsell ("Jack Parsell" <jparsell@...>)

Michael,  Did you peruse any of the other locations on the ksphototour site?
Check #48 Southwest Three Corner Monument and you will find that four feet
under the manhole plate in the center of the road near the windmill is the original
marker stone.  It was moved there after a couple of surveys located the correct
location. So this is another one where we should have pried up the cover.

I noticed in #51 NW Corners Monument that they repeated the spelling error
which exists in the bronze plaque.  Oliver Chaffee's name is spelled Caffee
in the first mention of his name and later is spelled correctly.

Also #66 SE Corner Monument, they show and describe only the big stone cairn.
We need more definitive info on this spot.

Jack