Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: toward happier obelisks
Date: Mar 18, 2001 @ 21:44
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

seems right yet again

here in our own first state also
from the 17th or 18th century til the present
the new castle county court house spire has been the designated center point
of perhaps the first 12 mile limits boundary in history
tho to tell the truth these particular 12 miles were more statute & dry
land than nautical

& this spire being not very high offered only a very limited view
nor is it easy to even see the building on a hazy day
http://www.ci.new-castle.de.us/visitors/vb_images/courthouse2.jpg

nevertheless it is probably fair to call this point the point of origin of
delaware
& also even the epicenter of the entire united states
since new castle was the leading county of delaware
& delaware was the leading state of the united states
& the one with which all the others in fact successively united

moreover delaware was itself a united state before any others united with it
since it was first a union of the 3 breakaway lower counties of pennsylvania
& this building under this spire was the first state capitol