Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Another old stone
Date: Mar 16, 2001 @ 01:04
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

truly fab pet
& i say that as one who just watched his fierce old tomcat expire

but it is eloquent testimony to what a long way we have come baby
even just this week
that your newfound rocks dated 1680 & 1672 stand to cop only a silver & a
bronze medal respectively in the dated category

last week i for one still imagined there were no dated boundary rocks in
the world before 1791
nor even any monumental rubble older than 1720
& there still doesnt appear to be anything surviving around here at least
from before then

btw i do think the munster rock will hold up at 1659
& should therefore maintain its claims on all the gold
because even tho your sources indicate it was commissioned unilaterally
it still does carry all 3 coats of arms

& i think its only known rival in any category may be the breintenstein

another remarkable thing about all 3 of your presumptive medalists
until next week perhaps when we might find older ones
tho i dare again to doubt it
is how they already begin to crowd up against the treaty of westphalia &
the 30 years war
which are widely thought to mark the birth of modern boundary development

tho we know the pyrenees were already cranking centuries before that
only to have since lost all their original teeth

& the idea of a seignorial tp
well that is too cool

it seems only the day before yesterday we reached for multi imperial
then almost immediately multi regal
& now multi seignorial
all in a single weeks play

what next

& yes i certainly agree it is a nice stone
with a fascinating doodle on it that is really beyond compare

also please never hesitate to double post if in doubt
especially about stuff as fine as this
because i am sure no one would want to miss a beat
now that you & therefore we are really rocking