Subject: Re: Another old stone
Date: Mar 15, 2001 @ 20:40
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

Alas.... The building is no more. According to http://www.luzicke-
hory.cz/tourist6.html#Luz , the building burned to the ground in
1946. The circumstances of the fire have never been cleared, it says
here. Some say the fire was on New Years Day, others mention January
8. German newspapers say that the cause of the fire remains unknown
to this day. But some former Czech soldiers say that the building
burned down on July 3, and that it was set afire by the Germans, who
didn't want the building to fall into the hands of the Czech. The
picture is of the remaining platform where once stood the building.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Bill Hanrahan" <hanrahan@k...> wrote:
> Thanks Peter...(disregard that initial reply...I was having
keyboard problems!)....now I'm wondering if that frontier porch
crosses the border more or less perpendicularly...or the monument may
indicate that the path parallels the border...sigh...

> Bill

(look for example at http://www.luzicke-
hory.cz/htm/pohl/luz_h08.html ).
> Peter S.
>
> Bill Hanrahan wrote:
>
> How about the photo of the "frontier path between the rock of
Krkav?í kameny near Dolní Sv?tlá and the Lu? hill" with the modern
monument? Would this mark czde also? Bill
http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~kuhn/gallery2.html (Old boundary
> stone from 1672 north of Polesí near Rynoltice). I've looked
up the location and although I can't be
> sure, it may be a working one on the czde border (near the
German village of Luftkurort
> Lueckendorf). So it's probably not a gold medal candidate,
but nevertheless a nice one.
> Wonder what FAB stands for... International rescue?
>
> Peter S.

Service.

Service.