Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Jungholz
Date: Mar 16, 2001 @ 02:09
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

i more than agree with this peter
& would only add that boundaries as we know them today
& a fortiori their boundaries aka the tps
appear to mark the very crossing point between nature & culture
since they can be identified as a specifically
early to mid 2nd millennium
west european
cultural adaptation & refinement of an apparently purely natural
immemorial worldwide phenomenon that does not normally manifest in the
form of fine lines & still finer points established by the finest of
diplomatic representation & documentation
but of quite approximate & diffused frontiers & of intermediary marches &
of no mans lands & various other makeshift accommodations to necessity
all commingling everywhere as fluidly as the weather itself thru periods of
contest & standoff & detente

er one more thing
which is
if you dig it you own it