Subject: Re: Message 1698/99 DENL at Dinxperlo
Date: Mar 15, 2001 @ 10:19
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

For a little map when it was still Netherlands/Muenster/Bentheim:
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/robertscholtenahs/geschied.htm .
It is the first map you see. The tripoint is where purple, yellow, and
green meet, east of Enschede. Also a portrait of Bombs Bernard further
down.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Peter Smaardijk <peter.smaardijk@a...>
wrote:
> Thanks. That confirms it once more.
>
> Nice to know that bishop Bernhard van Galen is in actual fact Bommen
Berend (Bombs Bernard). He is
> known by this nickname in the city of Groningen, that he tried to
capture in 1672, when the Republic
> of the Netherlands was at war with Muenster (and France, and
England, and some other German
> bishopric. No wonder 1672 is commonly known as the 'Disaster Year').
Bommen Berend didn't succeed,
> but the bombardments were tremendous. The day the bishop called it a
day and saw that Groningen was
> not for him is still a holiday in Groningen, called 'Bommen Berend'
(August 28).

> From the list I can see that at least some stones are not at their
original locations, but in
> various museums.
>
> Peter S.
>
> Gartner Wolfgang wrote:
>
> > Got the following list with some explanation's from
grenslandmuseum at
> > Dinxperlo
> >
> > Pic 01 Drielandstein mit Wappen von Bommen-Bernd
> > Pic 02 Drielandstein bei Overdinkel
> > Pic 03 Nr. ..5 beim Zollamt Oldenkotte
> > Pic 04 Wappenstein Oldenkotte
> > Pic 05 Beim Grenzübergang Zwillbrock - alter Zustand 1960; Obelisk
neben
> > Wappenstein 40
> > Pic 06 Wappenstein beim Grenzübergang Zwillbrock
> > Pic 07 Wappenstein Nr. 86 bij Ratum mit dem Wappen von Münster und
Initialen
> > CA
> > Pic 08 Nr. 79 St. Viti
> > Pic 09 Nr. 776 b momentan beim Grenzübergang Kotten, Nr. 101
> > Pic 10 Wappenstein 147 no. 124 im Wooder Venn - beschädigt durch
Torfstecher
> > Pic 11 Wappenstein 147 mit Balkerwappen und Obelisk no.
762/Bismarckstein
> > -Bild fehlt-
> > Pic 11a Wappenstein 140
> > Pic 12 Wappenstein 24 bei der Stadtverwaltung Vreden - im
Hintergrund Reste
> > der Burg bij Stedelijk
> > Museum, Zutphen
> > Pic 13 Grenzpfahl no 39 im Garten des "Gemeentemuseum" gegenüber
> > arch-collection 04/1986 Arnhem
> > Pic 14 Wappenstein 144 in der Nähe von Schenkenboom, Vardingholt
> > Pic 15 no. 158 ½ of 157 ½ im Garten des "Belastingsmuseum TE
Rotterdam"
> > Pic 16 no. 157 ½
> > Pic 17 175 in der Nähe des Hauses, Pröbsting
> > Pic 18 Gemeentemuseum, Arnhem
> > Pic 19 Lettersteen Nr. 5 - Freriks (Buchstabenstein)
> > Pic 20 St. Viti mit Wappen Gelre
> > Pic 21 Lettersteen Nr. 57 Oldenkotte - Gelders Wappen
> > Pic 22 Wappenstein 826b - mit weggehacktes Wappen
> > Pic 23 St. Vitus No. 79
> > Pic 24 ?
> > Pic 25 Wappenstein 147, Obelisk 762
> > Pic 26 Fotos vom Suderwicker Wappenstein hängen im
Grenzlandmuseum.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/