Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] DENL pictures from Dinxpeerlo
Date: Mar 13, 2001 @ 19:36
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

another question might be whether the word renovatum in pix 8 & 9 means
the monument itself was a 1753 renewal & replacement of an earlier monument
or means
the monument itself is a later renewal & replacement of a 1753 original

one would think it almost had to be the former & older case
but i have seen a monument on the us2depa line that refers back to an
earlier marker dated 1701
while not announcing its own installation date
which was clearly much more recent

also
if there are transcriptions available of the full inscriptions
or of whatever is left of them
these would be of great interest & use