Subject: Re: Largest enclave
Date: Mar 12, 2001 @ 23:00
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

Martin,

Why is it so important that the exclave is surrounded by only one
other unit? In other words, why can't the municipality of Voeren in
Belgium be an exclave of Flanders? That it isn't an enclave, I can
see. But it is an exclave (in my humble opinion) to Flanders. For the
Flemish it is of little importance that it is wedged between the
Netherlands and Wallonia.

I'm taking this secundary level example to make my point, because I
can't think of an international one right now. But I hope you
understand what I mean.

Peter S.