Subject: Re: CH-LI-Border and maybe something enclave-like
Date: May 08, 2003 @ 16:27
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

This is an "easement". Another administrative exercize of
sovereignty. It would be interesting to learn whether the term
"unbeschraenkt" (unqualified, unrestricted) even allows Switzerland to
take and use all the water the spring produces. I wouldn't want to be
the owner of the property and in the spring water business.

I've walked this border, and what is/was most interesting is the tank
barriers stretching between the mountains to the east and west just on
the Swiss side of the border. Considering that there is a customs
union between the two countries and anyone can cross the border with
no control whatsoever, it seems that Switzerland had deliberately left
protecting the borders forming the perimeter of the customs area
formed by the borders of Liechtenstein outside of its defense cordon
whenever it put the barriers up. About three miles south, beyond the
border, further into the mountain pass inside Switzerland, there is a
military fortress that one must drive through to get to the first town
on the other end of the pass. There is a runway for jet aircraft in
the woods nearby and caves with doors that open. I can see where
water would be needed to support all of that.

LN

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "chris schulz" <23568@g...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> heres the text of a treaty between Liechtenstein and Switzerland
from 1948.
> its about a spring close to the common border, thats in
Liechtenstein, but Switzerland gets "unbeschränktes Benützungs- und
Zutrittsrecht".
> On maps i couldnt find the spring.
> When i read the treaty first, i understood, that the border was
changed to make the spring switzerland territory, but i got a mail,
that stated, that the spring is still on liechtenstein territory.