Subject: Re: Straddling - US-CA - 300 buildings
Date: May 07, 2003 @ 15:57
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

rumors yes
but we havent yet received any report of a confirmed sighting of
any extant international border change defined by elevation
anywhere along the z axis
anywhere in the world
tho some historical examples have been claimed or wished for

the closest thing to a real case
if not in fact the only real case yet observed
may be the private international bridge recently reported here
belonging to that russian meat factory
supposedly straddling ruua

but we need more info in that case
so i wish gbbe or someone will bring this back to us alive also

like
is the bridge truly private & sealed off
as i merely assumed
or is there a border control on that crossing

just for starters

or
is the factory itself really in 2 countries as reported
or is it rather only a peneclave but for this bridge

for in the latter case
& assuming the road center really is the boundary line
which of course we cant yet safely assume either
but no matter
we can still guess
then a vertical differentiation of sovereign territory would indeed
appear to have been the intention in this case
if not yet the legally established reality

but other than that single hope
i rather doubt vertical borders or any kind of vertical differentiation
of sovereignty can be pointed to as a present reality anywhere in
the world today

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray
<doug@d...> wrote:

> When I was in the area last September, I don't recall any
apartments
> being divided by the border in such a manner. I believe there
was a 2
> story house, but I think that the border cut through both floors
> equally.
>
> Over in Stanstead, Quebec - Derby Line, Vermont, the border
slices
> through several apartment buildings. I visited one of these
(drinking
> cheap wine with Tammy and Toro), but none were constructed
in a way
> that one floor was in one country and the other the another.
>
> I will examine my pictures to see if I can see anything.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Doug
>

> On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 06:08 AM, Jan S. Krogh wrote:
>
> > Great article, Len!
> >
> > "Elder has even heard of one apartment house in
BeebePlain where the
> > first floor is in the United States and the secondfloor is in
Canada."

> > Is this true?
> >
> > Jan
> >

> <image.tiff>