Subject: Buoys, was Re: FRGB
Date: Apr 26, 2003 @ 06:31
Author: anorak222 ("anorak222" <listen@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:

> & only 1 sweetwater boundary buoy has ever been reported
> the former global maxipoint apparent in lake okeechobee

Then I'll add one. The freshwater borders of West Berlin towards East Germany used to be marked with buoys. This concerns several lakes, the river Havel, and the Teltow Canal, on the northern, western, and southern boundary of Berlin. The buoys were planted by the West Berlin city government in order to warn swimmers and boats. They were white with black writing "Sektorengrenze" (not quite correct BTW).

In contrast, the sector boundary between East and West Berlin, where "Sektorengrenze" would have been correct, was not marked in bodies of water.

Regards