Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Border-Pics II from closed Border-Point Budzisko PL-LT (PL-SU)
Date: Apr 22, 2003 @ 15:11
Author: chris schulz ("chris schulz" <23568@...>)

i forgot to tell, that in my map i couldnt see, that budzisko was closed.
the fotos are in some way result of some funny casualities.
we went to budzisko with the idea to enter lithuania. it was, because budzisko was closer to suwalki, were we arrived by train. only thing, that made me wonder was this amazing quiteness along the way to the budzisko checkpoint...
later we hitchhiked to ogrodniki with the black car to see on the first foto on "border-pics LT-PL".
the driver could pass through, we had to stay at the border.
chris

ps i have fotos from the train-situaion suwalki-sestokai 2 years later. i will find them ánd send them. but you cant see borderguards,... just the situation of transfer of goods...

by the way: nice little story about this train: the train from sestokai to suwalki was more or less de- and reconstructed three times everytime it crossed the border: first time by people hiding things, second time by borderguards searching for smuggling goods, third and last time by people getting there things back from the hiding places.
it was very impressive to me, because the train didnt seem to be in good condition to be a hiding place for goods (as result of the permanent de- and reconstructing...) - the borderguards didnt find anything.