Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: American State Boundaries
Date: Apr 17, 2003 @ 00:02
Author: Flynn, Kevin ("Flynn, Kevin" <flynnk@...>)

Because it is water. If you go down to the riverbed, you will have some
variable elevations, but that doesn't mean you don't measure the distances
above them.

It isn't really reasonable to say the high-water line on a stretch of beach
has an infinite length because you have to measure around grains of sand.

If I place a large boulder on the state line, am I somehow lengthening the
border? I don't think so.