Subject: Re: colorado double bordercross quintipoint claim is a bust
Date: Apr 16, 2003 @ 04:51
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

arif
thanx

all i meant by corporate boundaries is the municipal boundaries
themselves
& i only used this term because the topos in this area specify it

but i think municipalities generally are incorporated within their
corporate boundaries
& that this is just another term for the boundaries of the
municipalities themselves
or their town lines or city limits or whatever else one calls them
etc etc
so i believe it is generally all the same thing
& all one boundary rather than several
& there is no need to create new distinctions or confusions here

the former corporate boundaries of broomfield & other
municipalities in the area are shown as dashed lines thruout
this overlarge scan of the area
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=39.92&lon=-105.14&s=2
5&symshow=n
but especially near the upper right corner
where there is even an old corporate boundary trijunction

when the old city of broomfield merged with parts of several
other municipalities like superior & louisville & lafayette &
perhaps others in its own original county of boulder & in the 3
neighboring counties of adams & jefferson & weld to form a new
city & a separate or fifth county also called broomfield
many parts of old municipal boundaries including those of old
broomfield were naturally perpetuated in the new city & county of
broomfield

& it is merely the existence & continuance of these old
boundaries as shown on the old topos that leads me to
conclude we have a total of 3 claves & no megapoints here

the differences between the city & county of alexandria virginia
may be interesting but they are of course irrelevant

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Arif Samad