Subject: Re: 4 jewels in the rough
Date: Apr 16, 2003 @ 12:45
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> I only have post 1991 maps of BYLVLT, the others I have 1:50
000 pre 1991 (Soviet maps).

ahh ok
but then from what we have heard recently about how the old
soviet borders shown on such maps eventually get hardened up
the maps may well suffice to visit the 4 mentioned tripoints now
as well as they may ever be visited
even tho as you say they are technically unsettled

this unsettled situation isnt quite the same as being in dispute
since under such conditions only a single tripoint position
is apparently ever referenced by anyone anyway
however vaguely or imprecisely

so the idea of actual disagreement
which i introduced earlier below
may actually not be applicable here at all
oops

for example since message 4798 we have only known of one
ltplru position
& this is the monumented point jan has already made class a
so i dont think there will be any disagreement there
or anywhere new to go there

similarly in message 7029 there is again a general agreement
about byltpl
including a definite already extant monumented position
which i would also expect the old soviet map will get you to

bylvru & eelvru however may be more problematic
if all you have for guidance is the old maps
especially if these points are as wet as previously claimed

but still
these maps may be all there is yet for these points anyway
& can be expected to influence heavily or even determine outright
the eventual final tripoint settlements
as in the other cases we have seen

so you may well already have all the maps you may ever need
& no opportunity for splitting any of these points into 2
such as you have encountered around the former yugoslavia

but anyway
can you show us the tripoint swatches from these old maps
as i think the latter 3 at least will be new to us

> Jesper

settled:
> BYLTLV, making one 1 true class a possible.
> >
> > Jesper
>
> right & what do you have for detail maps of these other 4 so
far

> or can you just say
> are each of these unsettled tricountry points cleanly split into
2
> distinct probabilities
> or are they just vague for other reasons
>
> for if there are any readily findable pairs of disputed tripoints
> then there may even be some opportunity here to achieve an
> unusually delicious class aa double bullseyes
>
> such a level of visitation communion is very satisfying partly
> because it is so rarely even possible
> but especially because one can actually double ones
trypointing