Subject: Re: colorado double bordercross quintipoint claim is a bust
Date: Apr 13, 2003 @ 16:17
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

apologies for the broken urls as usual
but on the other hand i figure everybody must know how to deal
with these by now too

anyway a closer & clearer look at the topo showing the several
preexisting boundary disjunctions in the immediate quintiarea
can be had at
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=2&s=11&x=1218&
y=11045&z=13&w=1

& with benefit of this improved view i can now see how the twin
tripoints could actually prove to be much farther apart than the
previously estimated maximum of 40 feet

this comparison btw & all my other recent experiences with
topozone & terraserver convince me the latter is already far better
in many ways
including easier to use

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"

http://www.ci.broomfield.co.us/maps/proposedannexationmap.s
> html
> shows at lower left what appears to be a fantastic new
> singularity
>
> a quintipoint incorporating 2 border crosses
>
> one border cross of broomfield county & one of jefferson
county

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=39.92&lon=-105.14&s=2
> 5&symshow=n
> reveals it is probably only a near miss & not a true hit
> since the newly emergent broomfield county
> in following the old corporate boundaries depicted on the topo
> shows every sign of actually disconnecting from itself here
> between a pair of very close but otherwise ordinary tripoints
> probably no more than 40 feet apart
> usco3bobrjee & usco3bobrjew
>
> moreover
> this hairline disconnection & the hairline connections that do
> appear on the first map surrounding the clave of weld county at
> upper right & the clave of boulder county at center
> are evidently owing to the same peculiar cause
>
> for one notices thruout the topos of this area
> & built into many of the corporate limits
> what appears to be a road allowance or right of way
> in the form of a slight offset from many sectional boundaries
> & even some subsectional boundaries
> & which is often compounded into a corridor strip
>
> so of course
> on a smaller scale such corridors show up as hairlines
> or as a nonexistent megapoint
>

> but anyway dont think of it as losing a monster point
> so much as gaining a totally virgin clave of broomfield county
>
> not to mention confirming the 2 other claves named above that
> had been hanging til now by these hitherto inexplicable
hairlines