Subject: Re: third level exclave bremen
Date: Apr 09, 2003 @ 10:49
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

http://www.gonschior.de/weimar/Bremen/uebersichtskarte.html

BTW, in 1933 Bremen and Oldenburg were merged under
a "Reichsstatthalter" (the Nazi governor of the area). So on the 1942
map, we are also looking at a Bremen/Oldenburg exclave within Prussia.

It was only after the war that the new land Bremen was formed (which
included the new city of Bremerhaven).

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "anorak222" <listen@w...>
wrote:
> " (...)the map shows the municipality later to be called
Bremerhaven,