Subject: Re: Neutral Zones - Navassa & Murder?
Date: Apr 04, 2003 @ 04:39
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Hi.

I'll address your reply in separate messages, keeping each issue
separate. This message addresses federal law against murder. Here
are two of them (below the quoteed part underneath). They are both
from the U.S. Code.

Regards
Len

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Karolis B." <kbajoraz@y...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@c...>
> wrote:
> > Wait a minute - that's not right.
> > Navassa is US territory under the jurisdiction of the US Department
> of
> > the Interior. US federal laws apply,
>
> and there is a federal law
> > against murder.
>
> I am told there isn't!

"TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 51

Sec. 1114. - Protection of officers and employees of the United States

Whoever kills or attempts to kill any officer or employee of the
United States or of any agency in any branch of the United States
Government (including any member of the uniformed services) while such
officer or employee is engaged in or on account of the performance of
official duties, or any person assisting such an officer or employee
in the performance of such duties or on account of that assistance,
shall be punished -

(1) in the case of murder, as provided under section 1111..."

AND...

"TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 7

Sec. 115. - Influencing, impeding, or retaliating against a Federal
official by threatening or injuring a family member

(a)(1)Whoever -

(A)assaults, kidnaps, or murders, or attempts or conspires to kidnap
or murder, or threatens to assault, kidnap or murder a member of the
immediate family of a United States official, a United States judge, a
Federal law enforcement officer, or an official whose killing would be
a crime under section 1114 of this title; or
(B)threatens to assault, kidnap, or murder, a United States official,
a United States judge, a Federal law enforcement officer, or an
official whose killing would be a crime under such section, with
intent to impede, intimidate, or interfere with such official, judge,
or law enforcement officer while engaged in the performance of
official duties, or with intent to retaliate against such official,
judge, or law enforcement officer on account of the performance of
official duties, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(2)Whoever assaults, kidnaps, or murders, or attempts or conspires to
kidnap or murder, or threatens to assault, kidnap, or murder, any
person who formerly served as a person designated in paragraph (1), or
a member of the immediate family of any person who formerly served as
a person designated in paragraph (1), with intent to retaliate against
such person on account of the performance of official duties during
the term of service of such person, shall be punished as provided in
subsection (b).

(b)(1)An assault in violation of this section shall be punished as
provided in section 111 of this title.

(2)A kidnapping, attempted kidnapping, or conspiracy to kidnap in
violation of this section shall be punished as provided in section
1201 of this title for the kidnapping, attempted kidnapping, or
conspiracy to kidnap of a person described in section 1201(a)(5) of
this title.

(3)A murder, attempted murder, or conspiracy to murder in violation of
this section shall be punished as provided in sections 1111, 1113, and
1117 of this title."