Subject: Re: third level exclave bremen
Date: Apr 03, 2003 @ 11:05
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

I think it is an enclave. The boundary of the Stadtbremisches
Ueberseehafengebied Bremerhaven in the Weser river is fairly close to
the river bank (the east bank), whereas the outer boundary of the
city of Bremerhaven, which is also the boundary between the federal
lands of Bremen and Lower Saxony, is right on the other side of the
river, by the looks of it following the high water line on the west
bank here. So the internal waters of the city of Bremerhaven enclose
those of the Stadtbr. Ueberseehafengebiet Bhv. And I am fairly
certain that the Weser waters here are internal waters (on the inside
of the baseline).

At http://www.stadtplan.net/brd/bremen/bremerhaven/home.html some of
the boundaries can be seen, though not all boundaries.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Schulz" <23568@g...>
wrote:
> hi Len,
>
> you are right, its not an enclave, but as i see it, Stadtbremisches
Übersseehafengebiet is still an exclave. i will try to find another
map to see, if the harbor borders international waters (but i dont
expect this, if you look to the map i posted in my pre-previous
message).

> regards, chris

Bremen.

> I guess the only open question is whether the city of Bremerhaven
> completely surrounds the Bremen harbor part. If it doesn't, it's
not
> a third level ex- or enclave. Both parts Bremerhaven and Bremen's
> detached harbor have kustengewasser - meaning maybe they both have
> outlets to the international waters.
>
> Do I see that as you see it?
>
> Len
>

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Schulz" <23568@g...>
wrote:
> > Hi Len,
> > just to complete this:
> > http://www.bremerhaven.de/stadt/aemter/vpol/einreise.html
> >
> > here you find the explanation of the special problems for
foreigners
> in the "City of Bremen's Overseas Harbor District".
> >
> > the website is from the city of bremerhaven, that has its own
office
> for residence permits, visas, etc., but it has no rights to give
such
> papers for people from the Stadtbremisches Übersseehafengebiet
> Bremerhaven, because this is part of the city of Bremen.
> >
> > Regards, Chris.

> > > in
> > > away.

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor