Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: third level exclave bremen
Date: Apr 02, 2003 @ 09:05
Author: Chris Schulz ("Chris Schulz" <23568@gmx.de>)

hi len,

things seem to be little complicated:
http://www.wesermuen.de/WESERMUENDE.html
in 1924 the city wesermünde was founded from the cities of Lehe and Geestmünde. Bremerhaven belonged to Bremen until 1939. in this year Bremerhaven came to the city of Wesermünde with the exception of the harbour region. this became part of the city of Bremen one year earlier in march 30th 1938.

you find a map of the situation in 1942 at  http://www.wesermuen.de/WESERMUENDE-Karte.html (as i posted before). the funny thing on this map is, that they call the region of the harbour "bremerhaven", but this is not correct, its just the "Stadtbremisches Überseehafengebiet", the main part of the then bremerhaven is part of wesermünde.

1947 wesermünde was renamed in Bremerhaven. the same year Bremerhaven got his own "kommunale verfassung" as an independent city in the Bundesstaat Bremen.

the "bundesstaat" Bremen today consists of the cities of Bremen and Bremerhaven, and the "Stadtbremisches Überseehafengebiet" is in fact part of the city of bremen (unless its part of the Bundesstaat bremen).

i add a map of the "Flächennutzungsplan" of the city of Bremen, where you can see the "Stadtbremisches Überseehafengebiet".

Regards, chris